- Not like Chrome, Courageous blocks adverts and trackers by default.
- This permits web sites on Courageous to load noticeably quicker than Chrome. Beneath is a pace check between Courageous, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Courageous tracks the time it saves you, and shows it while you open the browser.
- Courageous blocks adverts by default (in contrast to Chrome, which requires a Third-party extension corresponding to AdBlock).
- Courageous blocks Third-party monitoring by default.
- On Chrome, mega-advertisers like Google and Fb use Third-party cookies to trace your looking on practically each web site.
- By blocking Third-party cookies, Courageous limits the quantity of information Fb, Google, and different advert networks can acquire about your looking habits.
- Courageous shops all of your looking information regionally in your laptop, which implies you may delete it at any time.
- Courageous helps Tor looking, making it the primary all-purpose browser to take action.
- Courageous mechanically encrypts your web site connection when potential (on Chrome, this solely happens with an extension like HTTPS All over the place).
- Courageous now helps all Chrome extensions, together with widespread password managers like LastPass and 1Password.
Drawbacks of Courageous
- Each every now and then, Courageous blocks a part of a web site that you just wished to load.
- When this occurs, it is best to click on the lion icon, and toggle the protect to down.
- For the reason that newest Courageous replace, that is not often needed (possibly as soon as per week).
- Courageous’s pace alone is sufficient to make the change worthwhile, and the added privateness and safety advantages are icing on the cake.
- Not surprisingly, Courageous has skyrocketed to reputation, going from 1 million to four.6 million customers in 2018.
- Courageous is nearly precisely like Chrome, however quicker and fewer sleezy.