What is this course about?
You will become an expert using the most powerful and flexible network scanner available. Nmap is the scanner that other scanners are measured against and you will know how to use it from start to finish.
This course will start off with the basics of network scanning with Nmap and move into how you can use it safely and effectively in your network. You will use practical examples and demonstrations to learn how to use Nmap right now!
Why should you take this course?
This course is based on real experiences using Nmap in network security tests on a huge variety of networks. When you are done, you will have the information you need to safely and effectively scan networks for vulnerabilities, services, and hosts. You will start out at the very basics and work your way up to writing your own basic Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) scripts.
You will learn a core tool that will help you become a more effective:
- penetration tester,
- ethical hacker,
- security professional
- systems administrator
- IT professional
Nmap is an incredibly powerful tool that you can use to troubleshoot network issues, find unknown network services, and vulnerabilities.
Some of the topics include:
- Getting and installing Nmap
- Port scanning basics with Nmap
- Safe scanning techniques
- Performance and tuning considerations
- Nmap Scripting Engine
- Writing NSE scripts
When you complete this course, you will have gone from the basics of Nmap to how to customize your scans to solve some of the different problems you may be facing with your network.
Who this course is for:
- Systems administrators, network administrators, network security admins
- IT professionals and developers
- Security enthusiasts and those curious about discovering hosts on networks
- Students should have the knowledge and ability to setup virtual machines to run Nmap on and to scan against.
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is extremely helpful
- A computer system with the sufficient hardware resources to run one to two virtual machines. 4GBs of memory is a minimum and 8GBs is recommended.
Last updated 6/2017
Nmap: Network Security Scanning Basics & Advanced Techniques.zip | Mirror [Size: 704.8 MB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)