Here’s a simple ripple baby blanket pattern for you: Simple Crochet Ripple Baby Blanket (Free Pattern!)
– Worsted weight yarn (choose any color combination you like)
– Crochet hook (size H/5mm or size appropriate for your yarn)
– Yarn needle
– Ch: Chain
– Dc: Double crochet
– St(s): Stitch(es)
– Sk: Skip
– Rep: Repeat
Note: The pattern is worked in multiples of 14 + 3 stitches.
1. Start by making a foundation chain with a multiple of 14 stitches + 3 additional stitches to form the base. For a baby blanket, you can start with a chain of 117 stitches.
2. Row 1: In the fourth chain from the hook, work 2 dc. *Skip the next 2 stitches, dc into the next stitch. Dc into the skipped stitch (creating a decrease). Dc into the next 3 stitches, dc3tog (decrease over the next 3 stitches), dc into the next 3 stitches.* Repeat from * to * across the row, ending with 3 dc in the last stitch. Turn.
3. Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as the first dc), dc in the same stitch. *Skip the next 2 stitches, dc into the next stitch. Dc into the skipped stitch. Dc into the next 3 stitches, dc3tog, dc into the next 3 stitches.* Repeat from * to * across the row, ending with 2 dc in the last stitch. Turn.
4. Repeat Row 2 until your blanket reaches the desired length, alternating the colors of your yarn as desired to create the ripple effect.
5. Once your blanket is the desired length, fasten off the yarn and weave in any loose ends with a yarn needle.
That’s it! You’ve completed your crochet ripple baby blanket. Feel free to customize it by adding a border or embellishments if you’d like. Enjoy making the blanket, and I hope it keeps a little one warm and cozy!